Passport Replacement Coverage

Ensure That Your Passport Can Be Replaced

China Visa Service Center’s Chinese Passport Replacement Coverage ensures that your passport can be replaced if it has been lost, stolen or damaged. China Visa Service Center (CVSC) recommends that every client and customer takes advantage of CVSC’s Passport Replacement Coverage. With this service CVSC will replace a lost, stolen, or damaged passports. Coverage does not include replacement of expired passports or valid travel visas and is available to US passport holders only.

You can purchase the Passport Replacement Coverage with each order.

Need a US passport? Learn more about our US Passport Services here.

Need to Make a Claim?

If you enrolled in CVSC’s Passport Replacement Coverage, you must notify CVSC if your passport has been lost, stolen or damaged to make a claim.

  • Notify CVSC. Call CVSC at 1-800-799-6560 to make a claim. You must have your personal information as listed on the information page of your passport ready when you call. We will then collect your information, locate your account in our system, and confirm your enrollment in the program.
  • If instructed, send the completed forms to CVSC. Make a copy of your forms and collected items for your records and send the originals to the location listed in the CVSC Application Kit.
  • CVSC will provide you with your order status. As soon as we receive your application we will begin processing your request. CVSC will secure the fastest processing time to replace your lost or stolen passport. The available processing time is at the discretion of government officials. CVSC will email you with a confirmation of receipt and a link to our online tracking tool which allows you to do real-time tracking of your request from the CVSC website.

To Replace a Lost, Stolen, or Damaged US Passport You Will Need:

  • 1. Passport. You must, where possible submit your current US passport.
  • 2. Two passport photographs. US passport applications must include two identical color photographs of each applicant taken within the last month. Passport photographs must be 2” inches high x 2” inches wide and comply with the United States Department of State standards.
  • 3. Passport application form. You must complete the United States Department of State DS-11 First-Time Passport application form.
  • 4. DS-64 statement form. If your US passport was lost or stolen, you must complete the United States Department of State DS-64 Statement Regarding a Lost or Stolen Passport.
  • 5. Passport authorization letter. We require permission from you to process the application on your behalf. You will need to complete a letter of authorization.

Need Assistance?

Our team is at your service to help you with your passport and visa issues, or to answer any related questions